Blancpain Search For Vintage Fifty Fathoms
Blancpain is reaching out to collectors to lend their vintage Fifty Fathoms watches for use in a special Exhibition in China.
As part of its 275th year celebration, Blancpain plans to assemble a special exhibition of vintage Fifty Fathoms watches.
Unfortunately, Blancpain did not retain examples of many of the wide range of Fifty Fathoms models which were produced in the half century since the introduction of the first timepiece in 1953. Therefore, Blancpain is reaching out to collectors to lend their vintage Fifty Fathoms watches for use in the Exhibition.
For those watches which are accepted for the exhibition, Blancpain will reward the owner in many ways:
- A Blancpain “Swiss Kubik” winding box “275th Anniversary” limited edition.
- An entry into a photo contest of their Fifty Fathoms to win a new Fifty Fathoms “Tribute”, which was presented and launched at the 2010 Basel Fair.
- An Official Certificate of Authenticity to be prepared by Blancpain for the watch.
- An invitation to attend a private celebratory dinner to be held in Paris.
In exchange for these benefits, the owners of accepted watches will loan Blancpain the watch for a period of three months for use in the Exhibition. Some watches will travel to China for another exhibition.
In addition, the owners will consent to allow Blancpain to photograph the watch and have unlimited use of the photographs.
Submission of an application to have your vintage Fifty Fathoms watch considered for acceptance is simple. You only have to send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline is October 20th:
- A total of two digital photographs (front and back of each watch that you are submitting for consideration). Maximum size: 500 KB / picture.
- Any information in your possession concerning the model (purchase date, technical information, guarantees, etc.).
- Your name, address, phone number and email address.
Blancpain reserves the right to exercise its full discretion in considering the submissions and making its choices for acceptance.
The owners whose watch is accepted will be informed personally. Blancpain will arrange at its expense for shipment to Blancpain and back to the owner and insurance of the watch for the Exhibition.
Blancpain is the archetypal Manufacture: with a watchmaking heritage dating back several centuries, it has successfully preserved its watchmaking tradition, whilst welcoming a spirit of innovation.Find out more >
All the news >
Contact brand >
All the watches >