When Hamburg trader Claus-Johannes Voss, engineer August Eberstein and businessman Alfred Nehemias met to exchange ideas in 1906, little did anyone imagine that their meeting would mark the birth of the international brand Montblanc.
The three visionaries set up their workshop in Hamburg. A year later, the Montblanc fountain pen embarked on its glorious career. The unashamedly international vocation of Montblanc was clear right from the outset, with the result that the brand was established in many different countries. In 1924, Montblanc took a major step forward with the Meisterstück.
In 1997, the firm decided to create its very own watch collection. Montblanc haute horlogerie watches have been crafted in the Swiss Jura ever since. Montblanc Montre S.A. decided to set up shop in Le Locle – the cradle of the finest watchmaking expertise – and Villeret, where the Minerva Institute for Research in Fine Watchmaking is headquartered. Since then, the firm has garnered just as much acclaim for its watch designs as for its writing implements.
Today, over a century after the original workshop was founded, coveted Montblanc products are on display in 70 countries around the world – and the Montblanc star can be found on the world's most prestigious avenues.