Cartier The Women’s Pavilion
Expo 2020 Dubai and Cartier collaborate to present the women’s pavillon that celebrates women, known and unknown, from every land, culture and religion, who are still making history and stimulating change.
The Women’s Pavilion takes a new look at the contribution of women and their impact on society, shining a light on the achievements, past and present, that have driven forward economies and enhanced their communities. The Pavilion will play an exciting role in The World’s Greatest Show of human brilliance and achievement. In the spirit of Expo 2020 Dubai’s theme of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, the Women’s Pavilion will also spotlight the breadth and wealth of female expertise that is inspiring and empowering global citizens to create a better future. It will take visitors on an educational journey showcasing both male and female contributors to women’s empowerment and gender equality, and will highlight important milestones for women’s rights, as well as the challenges that women are still facing today. Through these stories, the Women’s Pavilion aims to raise global awareness and inspire people from all generations to make a difference within their community and beyond.
Al Wasl Plaza © Cartier
Amplifying voices of all women across the world
For the six months of the next World Expo, the Women’s Pavilion will create a space of expression designed to foster dialogue among a diverse community of artists, scientists, thought leaders, politicians, entrepreneurs, business leaders and more. United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women, Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, and International human rights lawyer Amal Clooney – both defenders of and campaigners for women’s rights, women’s empowerment and gender equality – are lending their support to the Women’s Pavilion.
Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka © Kea Taylor
“I applaud the UAE for dedicating a space for the millions of visitors to Expo 2020 Dubai to learn about the crucial roles that women play from communities to the world stage, while recognising the challenges they still face every day,” said Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, who welcomes the initiative. “These challenges cannot be solved by governments alone, but through meaningful and substantive collaborations with the private sector, civil societies and committed individuals. The Women’s Pavilion, in collaboration with Cartier, is setting a needed standard for corporations to rethink their approach to gender advocacy – and is a powerful platform to cascade the gender equality message to the world.“
“Gender equality is an essential pillar of all sustainable development – the foundation on which the health and prosperity of communities, and indeed humanity at large, is built,” said Her Excellency Reem Al Hashimy, UAE Minister of State for International Cooperation and Director General of Expo 2020 Dubai Bureau. “The Women’s Pavilion highlights the crucial roles that women have long played as linchpins of their communities and drivers of economies, and underscores Expo 2020 Dubai’s firm commitment to empowering all women to drive their own development and create a better future for us all.“
Cyrille Vigneron, President and CEO of Cartier International © Cartier
“At Cartier, women have always held a pivotal role, as a driving force and an endless source of inspiration,” said Cyrille Vigneron, President and CEO of Cartier International. “The Women’s Pavilion is an exciting new chapter in the Maison’s long-standing commitment to support women change-makers. Our dedicated programs, the Cartier Women’s Initiative and Cartier Philanthropy, share the willingness to make a durable impact and empower people – especially women – on a global level. We are thrilled and honoured to collaborate with Expo 2020 Dubai, which offers a unique occasion to share our vision for a better future and a more inclusive society, with men and women across the globe. Highlighting the impact women of all cultures have had across time, focusing on both known and lesser-known achievements, the Women’s Pavilion weaves a strong inspiration for generations to come.’
CWIA San Francisco 2019 © Cartier
With the Women’s Pavilion, Expo 2020 and Cartier will celebrate women from all backgrounds and vocations, from global political figures to local community members to trailblazing business leaders, providing a global platform to recognise the impact of women and their influence on our society.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai will bring together millions of people for The World’s Greatest Show, celebrating human brilliance and achievement under the theme ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
Championing girls quality education, December 2014 © Cartier
• The six months from the 20th of October 2020 to the 10th of April 2021 will be a moment in time to be part of an unparalleled event. We are extending a warm Emirati welcome to the world: 25 million visits are expected, with many visitors expected to come more than once. 70 per cent of visitors are anticipated to come from outside the UAE, the largest proportion of international visitors in the 169-year history of World Expos.
• An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 will wow visitors with 60 daily events across 173 days, showcasing the best of music, technology, creativity and culture, while 200 F&B outlets will feature famous chefs and cuisine from every corner of the world.
• Expo 2020 will be an endless journey of discovery. Visitors will have access to the latest innovations and breakthroughs, with more than 200 participants – including 192 nations, multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions – coming together to highlight real-life solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
• Expo 2020’s sub-themes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently, and give them renewed optimism that, through collaboration, it is possible to make a lasting change to the world.
• The first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) will be located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South.
Characterised by audacity and inventiveness, Cartier’s watchmaking history reflects a unique state of mind: “jeweller of kings and king of jewellers”. Its renown is bound up in the tradition of excellence to which it is heir. Cartier was a forerunner in the use of platinum in jewellery and one of the pioneers of watchmaking.Find out more >
All the news >
Contact brand >
All the watches >